Submit Your Article
Have your Say
This web site is provided specifically for people in the B2B sales world to share content of value to others. We encourage you to share your own thoughts, experience or stories by uploading your own content. All public (non member) comments will be monitored and will be premeditated before being approved. At the bottom of this page are the guidelines that stories must abide by to be approved by the editor.
Provide value to the reader
Write in a tone that most suits you, but be sure to look at your piece objectively: can anyone who reads this understand exactly what I’m trying to say? If the answer is ‘no,’ then it’s time to edit the piece. It’s important to remember that your article must provide some sort of B2B sales related value to the reader. It’s OK to be funny. Remember: people are reading your article to improve their knowledge and skills related to the world of B2B sales. Laughter is always good, but so is valuable information.
Make sure the content is unique, we do search for copied content and if we find the article (or excerpts thereof) on another site – without your acknowledgement of the other author – we will reject your submission automatically. It’s beneficial for you to submit content that is unique.
Spell check and Grammar check
We do read through every submission and will make changes as required. However, if the article is riddled with required grammar changes and misspellings, your submission probably won’t get approved. If it’s a good article we may send it back to you and ask for it to be edited. When it comes down to it, aim to have fun with your article and don’t hold back! It’s nice to have articles that cover a variety of subjects, just make sure they’re relevant to B2B sales themes and news worthy – include anecdotes, recent data, trends or research. If you happen to have any questions feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to help you get your entry posted. Submissions should be in English only,
Including links to other content relative to your article is encouraged. However articles must not be self promotional. Be focussed on providing value to your reader without promoting yourself or your company. Upon your first post a contributing author page will be created on you with follow links and links to your web site – please don’t ruin your chances of being published by trying to fill up your post with self promoting links. There are to be NO AFFILIATE LINKS, doing so could see your contributor status removed and post deleted!
Article Content and Formatting Guide
- Create a catchy title. It should attract attention and it should briefly describe your article.
- Please don’t exceed more than 10 words for the title.
- Short, punchy articles (to a maximum length of 700 words) need to leave the reader wanting more.
- Longer articles up to about 1800 words must contain meaty content – the reader feels they have received good value for the time they have invested.
- Try to include stories that reinforce the points you are making – people can relate better to stories.
- Use short, succinct sentences as much as possible.
- Separate paragraphs with a single line space
- Check your text for spelling mistakes
- Avoid making accusations and using offensive language
- Article submissions must include the author’s real name.
An image must be upload as “featured image”. Please use the add featured image button and upload your image. Thumbnails will automatically be created. We suggest 700 x 400 in sixe. The image can be in either .JPEG, or .PNG format. Try not to exceed 3MB (megabytes). If you are uncertain of the image specifications, simply right click the image and select properties.
The time your image takes to upload depends on your own internet connection speed – the larger the file size, the longer it will take to upload.
- The Strategic Selling Group accepts unsolicited articles and photographs on the understanding that their publication is entirely at the discretion of the editor.
- The Editor reserves the right to edit all articles without consultation with the author.